As the founder of a digital marketing company, I’m a big believer in heavy content and the power of online video to attract website visitors and convert them into customers. Consider these statistics:
- 71% of US adults say watching an online video leaves them with a positive impression of a company or brand (Animoto)
- 73% of US adults are more likely to make a purchase after watching a video about a product or service (Animoto)
- 58% of US adults say companies with a video on their website are more trustworthy than companies without videos on their website (Animoto)
- Visitors who view product videos are 85% more likely to buy than visitors who do not. (Internet Retailer)
- Retail site visitors who view video stay two minutes longer on average and are 64% more likely to purchase than other site visitors. (ComScore)
But WHY is online video so effective? Here is Dr. Susan Weinschenk to explain:
Questions? Comments? Send 'em to me on Twitter.